between worlds

between worlds
tide pools

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Natural Sensual Home

"What lives grows and has its being in human life can only be grasped with the same human faculty that can grasp the invisible metomorphic laws of living nature"....and exerpt from the newsletter sent home from my 6 year old son's school in regards to pushing reading and acedemia at too a young age.

Form the book I'm reading: "A sensuous person is a warm soul...We entered this world warm, naked and sensuous, unashamed and unencumbered by hang-ups....Sensuality is the inner warmth that radiates from some people and makes them objects of desire...a deeper, longer lasting, and richer essence that appeals to the opposite sex, a warm spirit that we carry within..."

I ask my son, snuggled in a soft nest of blankets "What is you favorite part about life?" He thinks a moment and says " The senses...I can see, feel and listen..." and he makes sure his new binoculars are close by so he can watch birds on his next park walk.

The reference to sensuality connected to warmth...I like that...especially on a cold rainy fall Sunday...embracing the sensual nature of life is like coming home...a soft and beautiful warm place to savor.

My daughter comes in my room, glances at my naked vintage naked lady painting-"Mom...why do you have that? What if my friends come in here?" "Mmm-hmmm" I calmly reply, and then, " There is nothing wrong with celebrating the beauty of the naked body of a lady." ... and continue on with folding laundry.

She's 11...sigh...I hope she can filter through all of the images society bombards us...sexual images that, on their own...do not exemplify the natural sensual warm person we were all born to be...and sometimes forgotten under a mass of a million influences and false images. Images that...at the end of the day, when clothes fall to the floor and you find yourself with your lover...you can embrace what follows rather than be afraid. I want her to be safe, but I do not want her to fear and deny the beauty to be had by simply being human...a blessing by nature.PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment